Problem installing windows 8 64 bit

This forum is for all posts about issues with downloading the Pro Version. Also please email support@virtronics.com.au

Moderator: Adrian

cox_J_a

Problem installing windows 8 64 bit

Postby cox_J_a » Sat May 10, 2014 2:23 pm

I get an error "I/O error 32" when I try installing. I tried installing v0.99B and v0.99 and get the same error. My system is windows 8 64 bit. I have installed it on a windows 7 64 bit no problem.
Any ideas for windows 8?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Simulator_admin
Site Admin

Re: Problem installing windows 8 64 bit

Postby Simulator_admin » Fri May 16, 2014 10:12 am

We have had several users install the Simulator on Windows 8 successfully.

There could be an issue with administrator rights. Maybe try turning the computer on and off.

It seems this is a common Error with Windows 8.
https://www.google.com.au/#q=Win8+IO+Error+32

Error 32 means the file is locked by another process - maybe the file is open in the Arduino IDE?

Maybe have a look at this thread:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1628 ... er-program

Shaun

Postby Shaun » Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:33 pm

I had the same problem on Win 8.1 64 but managed to install it after installing the 0.98 version. I had not installed the software previously and none of the Windows Compatibility settings or admin settings worked even after I rebooted the PC. The setup would crash at random locations with a system IO 32 error. I tried installing the 0.98 version and it worked. I then ran the 0.99 version and it uninstalled the 0.98 version and installed the 0.99 version successfully. I am assuming this has occurred because there is a dll file missing that the previous version installs - just a guess from experience of seeing this before.

Simulator_admin
Site Admin

Postby Simulator_admin » Thu May 21, 2015 12:27 pm

Hi, we think it more along the lines of security policy. Windows 8 is very security conscious and does not allow installing unsigned driver files.

With the next release we plan to digitally sign the Simulator exe file which will improve this.

The IO Error may be caused by the Simulator writing to the registry or trying to write the trace file. Windows 8 was not a good OS release.

Return to “Pro Version Download Issues”