Error Code 6

Moderator: Adrian

R47359

Error Code 6

Postby R47359 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:12 am

I am running Ubuntu 14.04
SetupFree.exe is in my desktop folder. its permission has been changed to allow the owner to execute it. Right clicking I choose Wine windows program loader and get the File has been corrupted error Code 6. I have downloaded the zip file a few times. Do you have any advice for me to over come this error message?

Virt
Super user

Re: Error Code 6

Postby Virt » Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:27 pm

Hi, thanks. We will have to look into this and get back.

With Ubuntu, the current version is 16.04. Do you know where to download 14.04?

Also, it may be an idea to right click on the file and run as administrator. Here is a post with some suggested fixes for the Spotify program which may be relevant: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Deskto ... -p/1071273

Virt
Super user

Postby Virt » Mon Jan 02, 2017 5:18 pm

Hi R47359, sorry for the delay.

We did manage to get the Simulator for Arduino (Free) version working in Ubuntu Linuce 16.04. There were some errors, and we did have to navigate to the directory below
/home/user/_projects/%SystemDrive%/Program Files (x86)/Virtronics/Simulator for Arduino (Free)

Then we ran the uninstall program using Wine 1.8.6 and then just right clicked on the SimulatorforArduino.exe file and opened this with the Wine Windows Program Loader.

Let us know is this helps. Good luck. Thanks

R47359

Postby R47359 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:37 am

Thank you for your reply.

We did manage to get the Simulator for Arduino (Free) version working in Ubuntu Linuce 16.04. There were some errors, and we did have to navigate to the directory below
/home/user/_projects/%SystemDrive%/Program Files (x86)/Virtronics/Simulator for Arduino (Free)

I can not find the directory to which you refer.

I installed the setup using wine as admin and I did not get the error code 6, but it not clear what happened because I can not find the program to run Simulator anywhere. I could see that it went through the wine installation. Unfortunately installing caused the machine to crashed after the finish I restarted and could not find the sim.

Ubuntu 14.04 LTS is still available because it is long term support. I use the gnome variation:

http://bit.ly/2j1s7No

Robin

R47359

Postby R47359 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:19 am

I have made some progress:

I have found the desktop config file. When clicking on it I think the sim opens. I can see a window called Getting Started and a countdown for probably 4 minutes.

The problem was that installing as root causes the config file to be installed in the desktop for root not for robin as is usual. I found it because I decided to reinstall again as root. When I went to the desktop only one file was there because the root desktop is not used by me.

After changing the owner, I tried to copy and paste it into my desktop and has failed to copy fully without error.

I notice the file properties/ Desktop entry are:

env WINEPREFIX="/root/.wine" wine C:\\windows\\command\\start.exe /Unix /root/.wine/dosdevices/c:/users/Public/Desktop/Simulator\ for\ Arduino\ \(Free\).lnk

The working directory is:
/root/.wine/dosdevices/c:/Program Files (x86)/Virtronics/Simulator for Arduino (Free)

I tried to create a simlink to the root/ desktop config file in the robin desktop but that is failing to be installed in robins.

Virt
Super user

Postby Virt » Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:57 pm

Great, sounds like some progress.

Can you advise what happens when the exe file at /root/.wine/dosdevices/c:/Program Files (x86)/Virtronics/Simulator for Arduino (Free) is right clicked and run using Wine Windows Program Loader. That was the only way we could get the Simulator to work.

Otherwise, maybe try installing in another location - maybe under home as we did. If all this fails, we can try installing 14.04 but this does take a while to download the iso file.

With the 4 minute countdown, please enter an emial address and select Get Unlock key to open a web browser which will have the Unlock key for a 30 day trial. Good luck.

R47359

Postby R47359 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:02 pm

I will try out your ideas.

Assuming the sim allows for the connection of sketches for relays, humidity and temp detectors, and lcd displays how do I know if the devices are turned on, or sending a reading etc within the sim?

Robin

Simulator_admin
Site Admin

Postby Simulator_admin » Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:33 am

Hi Robin, with the LCD, there is a video which shows how to simulate the LCD: https://youtu.be/CNIgP2Mm-XQ?list=PLvqN ... WYRo5wPvLK

With sensors and relays, we only simulate the output data windows, and all pins on the Arduino are shown with circles which change colour depending on their function - red for outputs, green for inputs.

Return to “Free Version”