Serial Communication access denied

This forum is for all topics related to Simulator for Arduino v0.98. Please include sample code where possible.

Moderator: Adrian

nebosite

Serial Communication access denied

Postby nebosite » Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:25 pm

I am trying to do simple serial communication with the simulator, and I am also writing a little C# application at the same time to talk to the simulated arduino. The problem is that that the simulator is accessing COM1 and when I try to open COM1 from my C# app, I get "Access denied". Is there a way that I ask the simulator not to do any COM1 access?

Simulator_admin
Site Admin

Re: Serial Communication access denied

Postby Simulator_admin » Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:38 pm

Hi, can you confirm if Tools > Serial Monitor is being used? There is a menu up the top which selects which COM port is being used. Try to select COM2 or another COM port. Selecting Auto detect will show only the active COM Ports. If COM1 is selected, it should only be active when the Serial Monitor window is visible. Also, the COM port setting should be saved on power down. The same applies to the Tools > Seial
Logger window.

If there areany bugs, or if any if the above us not true, please let us know and we will look into it. This gas all green tested but bugs do have a way popping up every now and then. Thanks.

Simulator_admin
Site Admin

Re: Serial Communication access denied

Postby Simulator_admin » Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:39 pm

Hi, can you confirm if Tools > Serial Monitor is being used? There is a menu up the top which selects which COM port is being used. Try to select COM2 or another COM port. Selecting Auto detect will show only the active COM Ports. If COM1 is selected, it should only be active when the Serial Monitor window is visible. Also, the COM port setting should be saved on power down. The same applies to the Tools > Seial
Logger window.

If there areany bugs, or if any if the above us not true, please let us know and we will look into it. This gas all green tested but bugs do have a way popping up every now and then. Thanks.

Return to ā€œVersion 0.98ā€