LED 13 blinking

This forum is for all topics related to Simulator for Arduino v0.98. Please include sample code where possible.

Moderator: Adrian

olmuk

LED 13 blinking

Postby olmuk » Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:32 pm

Hi Forum,

don't blame me for the question :

After trying a blink sketch ( without delay ) at a UNO there is no indication of the
LED either with LED 13 or the LED 7,8,9 from the example out of the IDE.

Any suggestion what is my fault ?

Thanks in advance and greetings from germany

olmuk

olmuk

Re: LED 13 blinking

Postby olmuk » Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:16 am

Hi,

in addtion to the first post from me :

Is it possible that the function millis() couldnt't be shown ( or function ) in the simulator?
I tried every version of millis(), but there is no value that the sketch is running.

Thanks

olmuk

falcon74

Re: LED 13 blinking

Postby falcon74 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:23 pm

Had downloaded the Arduino simulator (using as "free" version so far), 2 days back, and same here, in the same that I tried various ways of trying to get millis() to work, but for me, it always returns 0 (zero), so any timing based programs don't work.

I was evaluating this simulator, as a way to do some unconnected / on-the-move tiny little demo projects, that I plan to use to teach kids some basic digital electronics to some 10 yr olds (my son and his friends), in spare time, before giving them Arduinos to play with. However, it is a must that basic LED flashing, on/off switch, tone-generatino, analog read/write etc. work.

Wondering if this is a "by-design" limitation (crippleware approach) of the "free" edition ?

PS> As far as working with Arduino and programming is concerned, I consider myself to be fairly experienced, even if not an expert. I can work with baremetal AVRs. Mentioning this to say that I can help debug or provide more information, if asked for. Right now, I am not sure how to proceed with the simulator.

Return to “Version 0.98”